Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Trash Bots

So I've had sick kiddos home with me for over a week, all four of my kids has come down with the flu in various severity and so I've been having to rack my brains to keep them entertained without resorting to screens all week. This project was the result of one of those activities and was such a big hit with all 4 of them I thought it worth a quick blog post to share it with you guys. It really is super easy to pull together, and if you save your recyclables you could probably make one right now.



What you'll need:

A cardboard packet (the little mac and cheese boxes they sell are perfect, we also made smaller ones from a cream cheese box)
Paint (acrylic goes on better for covering the box labeling)
Stickers various shapes
Bottle caps etc for decoration




Step 1

Take scissors and cut around the center of the package on three sides, (side-back-side).


Fold the two sides back on themselves,


Step 2

Paint. You can do this however you choose. We painted the inside of the mouth one color.


And the outside a different color.


My hand model!



Step 3

Once the paints dry you can decorate. Stickers for eyes and nose


Bottle cap ears, whatever you have be creative.






And Play



We hope you enjoy them as much as us





No comments:

Post a Comment