Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Scented no cook playdoh

Still trying to wish spring upon us as we approach March with snow on the ground. I made D a batch of my favorite no cook play doh today, yellow and lemon scented. Its got to help right?


You will need:

1 cup flour plus maybe 1/4 cup more for kneading out
1/2 cup salt
1 cup boiled water
1 tbl oil
2 tbl Cream of tartar
1 sachet/ 1scoop of unsweetened lemonade powder
Yellow food coloring if you need it more yellow

Step 1

Put flour, salt, cream of tarter, oil and lemonade in bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Mix, you can mix by hand but I use my electric mixer and end up with perfect play doh every time plus it takes maybe a minute to make. If you need extra yellow add a few drops of food coloring now.

Once it is well mixed scrape down the sides and turn out onto a floured surface, now have your helpers knead away. D really got into this today.






Step 2

Once D was done kneading I gave him a few tools to make daffodils. (Green craft sticks, flower cookie cutters.)






After a short time D jumped up to look out the window. "Its snowing...its snowing" Guess my daffodils didn't work, wish my enthusiasm for more snow matched my 3 year old.




No comments:

Post a Comment